EXTERNAL LINK DISCLAIMER POLICY
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the CEMM, the United States Air Force, or the Department of Defense, of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the CEMM, the United States Air Force, or the Department of Defense may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
This site is provided as a public service by the Office of the Secretary of Air Force (Public Affairs).
Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health website including their identity is respected by this website. The Center of Excellence for Medical Multimedia exceeds the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that applies in Colorado, United States of America.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT
If you choose to provide us with personal information, like email and/or postal addresses via our Contact page, we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. This site never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an email address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
COOKIE USE AND MONITORING
The site uses session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, for site management. Information is collected for analytical and statistical purposes, and no personal information is collected using this technology. When you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performances or problem areas. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. The “Help” information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable session cookies. The Air Force does not control the editorial or user policies of external links on this site. Users should read privacy and user agreements when visiting sites’ external links.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Your interaction with this system is not anonymous. By using this system you are consenting to the monitoring of your activity. Raw data logs will only be used to identify individual users and their usage habits for authorized law enforcement investigations or national security purposes. These logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
Unauthorized attempts to deny service, upload information, change information, or to attempt to access a non-public site from this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Title 18 of the U.S. Code to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please submit your feedback by sending an email to email@example.com.
OTHER WEB POLICIES
- This site is provided as a public service by the Center of Excellence for Medical Multimedia (CEMM).
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD Web sites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at https://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org.