Here’s a helpful list of items that you may want to take care of and plan for before delivery:
- Take a tour of the hospital.
- Attend prenatal classes.
- Complete pre-admission paperwork.
- Know your partner’s wishes regarding pain relief during labor.
- Decide if you want to cut the umbilical cord, and notify your healthcare team about your decision.
- Have a car seat ready for your baby and know how to install it properly in your vehicle.
- Have cash and change ready for late-night vending machine trips.
- Pack your hospital bag with items you both may need throughout the labor. Be sure to add your camera and have all of its accessories ready for the big moment.
- Have a list of contact information for people to call, text or e-mail after the birth