Coordinating Your Homecare Team
When meeting or talking with the homecare team members, some specific things you should discuss include:
- Any issues or concerns regarding the injury and current physical, cognitive, and/or emotional needs of the service member or veteran
- Current needs of immediate family members
- Contact information for each team member
- Identifying members’ availability and tasks they are willing to do
- Identifying a team leader to contact team members during emergencies or to reorganize schedules
Use a master calendar to track team members’ schedules. Having and maintaining a schedule of routine tasks can save time and energy for all the care team members.
Each team member should have:
- Emergency contact numbers for key family members and emergency personnel
- Important medical information such as medications and allergies
Identify someone who will have an extra set of house keys and a spare set of vehicle keys, if necessary.